Thu, May 21|
Special Workshop: Lighting
Learn about how light and shadows work! How can you render form with different light sources?
Time & Location
May 21, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Blank Space, Storgata 32, Oslo, Norway
About the Event
Looking to add some drama to your image? Want to add some extra narrative to a piece with some "simple" tricks?
Then lighting is a great tool for you to learn more about! Now, learning all there is about light and shadow is VERY COMPLICATED as it is one area of art that overlaps heavily with science, but we will do our best to break it down into some easy to grasp tips and concepts so you can take the first steps into learning more about this fascinating skill!
Bring your big brains, and get ready to learn about:
- The basics of how light works and how it affects forms (learning about planes)
- The difference between hard and soft shadows (aka: cast shadow vs. form shadow)
- Lighting in reference to the value scale and shading tips (also: low-key and high-key)
- Light sources from different directions (creating a narrative)
- Different kinds of light sources (Warm vs. Cool light, softboxes vs. spotlights)
This class will be taught in English. Please bring your own drawing supplies. We recommend mediums that allow soft edges, such as pastels, charcoal, or graphite. We will focus on black and white studies in this class.
Registration is required! Free for Blank Space members (sign up at www.patreon.com/blankspaceoslo), or 300kr for non-members.
- Ticket type
Blank Space Member
This is only for our Patreon members - sign up today! www.patreon.com/blankspaceosloPriceNOK 0.00
- Ticket type
General AdmissionPriceNOK 300.00